Rajkumar Varier has turned to be an Independent Practicing Lawyer in the year 2023 after being a Corporate Lawyer with over 25 years of work experience in cross-cultural, multi business and multinational environments. He is today a retainer consultant with ABP Network Private Limited and is advising various Media Companies and is in the Legal Committees of IBDF, NBDA, IAMAI, DNPA etc. He closely works on Policy Issues touching the Media and Entertainment Sector and is closely following and working on with various Industry Bodies on issues related to Personal Data Protection Bill, Digital India Act, Telecom Bill, IT Rules and Related Amendments. He is also a Panel Lawyer with Zupee ( Cashgril Private Limited) and thus advising on Gaming Related Laws, Policy Developments etc. and is also empaneled with Equitas Bank.
Earlier He has worked as General Counsel / Group General Counsel/ Public Policy, Strategy and Regulatory Head at ABP Networks and DEN Network Private Limited and has also held senior positions in organizations like Airtel, Samsung and Disney Star. He also brings with him a strong background of Litigation and has also worked in the past as a practicing litigating lawyer with Lakshmikumaran and Sridharan and also in Office of Mr. Ramji Srinivasan- Senior Advocate. He is an energetic self-starter with exceptional Leadership, Analytical, Organizational, and Creative skills, with a talent for evaluating problems, developing and simplifying procedures and finding innovative solutions.
- B.Sc. group B, Law and Science
University of Delhi
University of Delhi
English, Hindi, Punjabi
- He has been Recognized By “World Intellectual Property Forum” for excellence as a “Best Leading Lawyer 2022”
- Conferred and awarded as the “Top 100 General Counsels of India 2020” by BW BUSINESSWORLD.
- He has also been Nominated as “Top Media and Entertainment Counsel” by “Legal Era in 2021and 2022”.
- He also Won the “Rising Star Award by Legal Era” in 2016.
- He also Received award for “Best Telecom Inhouse Legal Team of India” on behalf of Airtel Legal Team.